Wednesday 6 May 2015

I am sorry, I messed up

Stellar men with a deadly combination of talent and success. Making big blunders at their career peak. Being dragged through more mud that any person of their calibre should have to. That they are guilty is un-mistakable. Yet they keep fighting, scheming, lying, resisting. When the hammer finally comes down, they (will) plead like lambs for mercy.

Rajat Gupta, Sanjay Dutt, Narendra Modi, Salman Khan

All heroes in their own way. Yet, in face of a real crisis, they lost basic integrity and humility. The very values we keep expect (even demand) from our toddlers.

If my Hero messed up, all I would want is for him to say “I am sorry”. To have the courage to own up to his mistakes, accept consequences and, move on with grace.

If this is what our Heroes are going to look like, how much worse are we going to be ?

No comments:

Post a Comment