Monday 19 January 2015

Dear Kabir - Of Hugs

Today I hugged the root of a 130 year old Banyan tree.

At first, I was hesitant to even lean back against it, as some others in our group were doing. Once I leaned, it felt like I was turning my back on it. So I wondered how it would feel to hug it. Hug a tree root ? That seemed weird and surely no one around was doing it.

So then I thought about you, put my arms around the tree and closed my eyes.

The tree pulled me closer into the hug. My palms cupped the root softly, my cheek rested against it and I surrendered.The breeze became cooler. I no longer cared about being the weird one hugging a tree. And the tree hugged me right back.

I hope, dear Kabir, that your life will be rich in hugs. Including those with old trees.

Especially those with old trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment