Tuesday 6 January 2015

Where have the ladybirds gone ?

My son's first and most favorite animal since he was 20 months old was the Ladybird. He would spot it in the most unlikely places. On logos, playmats, toys, toddler cars, books and, most incredibly on the packaging of a green tea bottle. I could never understand why he was so drawn to this particular bug. But I wanted to fill his life with ladybirds.

I found myself looking for ladybird themed board books, stickers, backpacks,  beanbags, placemats. Until it struck me that he had never seen a real ladybird. That we don't see ladybirds anymore. Sometime early in my childhood, I have seen ladybirds, the red and black ones.

I no longer wish to cram his life with ladybird things. Now my only wish is for him to meet a real ladybird or two.

Have you seen them somewhere recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment